One of the essential parts of a creative life is making sure that you can keep on creating new things. As MidAmericon II is fast approaching, our intrepid introverts talk about self-care. They touch on both acute situations as well as going the long slog that can sometimes get exhausting. This is a resource-heavy episode with a huge list of links to various things the Mad Writers have found helpful.
- Emergency Kittens
- Mary Robinette Kowal: Sometimes Writers Block is really Depression
- Miracle Morning
- Jeff Bridges Sleeping Tapes
- The Bullet Journal
- Nina’s favorite resource for Bullet Journal ideas: Boho Berry
- Franklin Covey
- The Artist’s Way Morning Pages
- 750 words
- Bunny Yoga
- Chuck Wendig: SELF-CARE FOR WRITERS: SOME TIPS!
- List of suicide crisis lines around the world
- The Bloggess Strange and Beautiful with a huge list of self care tips
Please support Mad Writers Union by reviewing it on iTunes or Stitcher! You can subscribe to this show on iTunes or via RSS.
Intro and outro music comes from “Cephalopod” by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com); licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0